Halitosis is an oral condition wherein a person is suffering from persistent bad breath. Simple brushing, flossing and mouth rinsing can’t cure the condition because it is not like the usual bad breath people get in the morning or after eating a tuna sandwich. Halitosis is not an easy problem to deal with, but treatments were developed to help patients overcome this oral condition. Here At Aqua Dental Loft, we offer services to determine the exact cause of your halitosis and help reverse its effects.
What Causes Halitosis
- The food particles that are not removed during brushing and flossing can increase bacteria in the mouth causing a bad odor. Odorous food such as onions and garlic also leaves a strong smell in the mouth.
Dental and Oral Problems
- Untreated dental and oral issues such as tooth decay, cavity, gingivitis, produces more bacteria which leads to mouth infection and cause Halitosis.
- Cigarettes contain cancer-causing chemicals that cause infection and leaves a foul odor in the mouth after smoking. Smokers are likely to develop gum diseases which can also cause bad breath.
Nasal and Throat Infection
- The bacteria build up, and viruses that accumulate in the throat and nasal cavity causes an odorous smell.
Poor Dental Hygiene
- Irregular brushing and incorrect flossing is a part of poor dental hygiene. Because of these, plaques and tartar may develop and irritate the gums which can cause swelling that may lead to halitosis.
- Less salivary flow reduces the alkalinity of the mouth. Saliva acts as the natural bacteria killer in the mouth. Without enough saliva, bacteria can’t be rinsed out causing it to multiply and cause Halitosis.
- Medical diseases such as lung and oral cancer and other metabolic disorders can cause Halitosis because of the different chemical that they produce.
- Maintain Good Oral Hygiene (Brushing of teeth and gums, proper flossing, and mouth rinsing)
- Stop Smoking
- Avoid Odorous Foods (Foods such as onion and garlic)
- Drink Plenty of Water (Water increase saliva production)
- Visit a Dentist (regular checkups)
If you are suffering from halitosis, visit Aqua Dental Loft. We offer Halitosis Treatment in Boca Raton. Book your appointment with us by calling (561) 264-2264. We are located at 7050 W. Palmetto Park Road, #52, Boca Raton, FL 33433.