Since children may still be too young to understand the difference between good and bad, it is the parents’ job to set things straight. For instance, in oral health care practices. They do not know the importance of the teeth and other oral structures yet, so it is essential for parents to teach kids the proper practices while early.
At Aqua Dental Loft, we are committed to helping our patients, both young and old, achieve excellent oral health. To make it possible for the young ones, we cater to their first visits and also offer the following:
- Complete Checkups
- Preventive Treatments
- Fluoride Applications
All these are sure to provide them with long-lasting smiles that they can enjoy to their heart’s content. But to optimize their oral health care, certain measures should also be performed at home. Here is a list we prepared!
Teaching Children Good Oral Habits
- Even before a tooth erupts, clean the child’s mouth by wiping it with a clean, damp cloth to get rid of harmful residues.
- Follow the recommendation of the American Academy of Pediatrics by bringing the child to a dentist as soon as a tooth erupts (usually in six months), and not later than one year.
- As soon as there are teeth present, assist them in using a small toothbrush with a smear of toothpaste (for ages 0-2). Upgrade it to a pea-sized amount when the child is already between three to six years old.
- It is best for the parent to floss the teeth that are next to each other.
- Parents should remember that despite the short-lived purpose of primary teeth, they are still as important as the permanent structures. These teeth deserve an adequate amount of attention and care as well.
- Do not instill fear by threatening children about scary dental procedures for it may cause a lasting impression.
- Parents should avoid slacking on their own oral health care regimen since kids tend to copy the things they see adults do.
- As much as possible, do not allow them to consume too much sugary and starchy treats. Incorporate a healthy selection of foods that can also be mouth-friendly for overall wellness.
- Do not let them skip a dental visit due to tantrums. Encourage children by telling them the importance of regular dental checkups to their overall wellness.
Doing the things listed above and with our help at Aqua Dental Loft, children are assured to have a lifetime of beautiful and healthy smiles!
Your children also deserve outstanding dental care services! We provide Pediatric Dentistry services in Boca Raton, FL. Book their appointment with us at Aqua Dental Loft and let us help them achieve beautiful and healthy teeth!